- 6 pork shoulder or sirloin steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups tomato juice
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown steaks. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Top with mushrooms, olives, green pepper, onion and garlic.
- Combine the flour, sugar and remaining salt; gradually stir in tomato juice until smooth. Pour over vegetables Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpanish Pork Steaks
"I think it's going to be amazing. I browned 5 pork steaks in olive oil in a electric skillet sprinkled with tonys Cajun seasoning. Then layered each one in the crock pot using a whole onion, bell pepper and garlic sprinkling a little on each steak as I layered also did 3 cups V8 original juice, 3 T. cornstarch cuz I didn't have flour and 2 T of sugar and put some on each one as I layered too. It's in the crock pot as I type will update later on the results. UPDATE: OMG this was the freaking bomb!! All the ladies asked for the recipe!!! Note I omitted the olives and mushrooms."
"This recipe is DELICIOUS!! Followed the recipe (with exception of olives -omitted those). The pork steaks came out so tender. It even pleased my very picky children! This is a family favorite!"