- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup refried beans, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Heat a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Whisk eggs and water. Add half of the egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon half of the beans and half of the onion on one side and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Repeat. Garnish with salsa and remaining cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSpanish Omelet
"Good omelet. I did not have red onion, so I used white. I will use this recipe again."
"I fix omelets once a week. This will definitely be in the rotation. The only thing I did differently is that I subbed milk for the water."
"It was a nice variation on the omelet theme. We didn't add the water to the eggs, as I can't ever follow a recipe, but they were delicious. My husband said we could have them again. My 3 year old son appreciated the black olives that I added to his."