THIS salad is surprisingly flavorful and light, a refreshing change from a mayonnaise-based dressing. There is a nice contrast of textures and it's very easy to make. It can be adjusted to the number of people served.
Recommended: Old-School Recipes That Deserve a Comeback
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place pasta in a bowl; add tomato, mushrooms, olives, onion and garlic. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Salad in Reminisce Extra July 2006, p 52