Southwest Summer Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over pork chops. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine barbecue sauce and lemon juice; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 234 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 30, 2015
Very boring. Won't make again.
Aug 27, 2014
light flavors , very good
Aug 21, 2013
This was very tasty.
Aug 4, 2013
Kinda bland but Bon liked it
Aug 4, 2013
Delicious :) I went to Cedarville University actually...wish I had this recipe then
Jul 9, 2011
i LOVE the rub ingredients in this recipe and the chops were perfect. I will definitely use this one again !
Aug 30, 2010
This was good and easy and didn't heat up my kitchen. Also quite healthy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.