Soup Carrot Coins
I have always loved the carrots in my mom's chicken soup, so I tried to imitate the flavor in this side dish.—Denise Loewenthal, Hinckley, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- Dash pepper
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain; discard bay leaf.