- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups grated zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add the egg and mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini, nuts, raisins and orange peel. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forSoft Zucchini Spice Cookies
"Very tasty. I didn't read the comments (I know I should.) about adding more flour. Decided to add the extra flour, on my own, as I figured the consistency would have been perfect for a loaf of bread than cookies (I may try w/o extra flour to make zucchini bread!). I had already decided to use cranberries instead of raisins. I also decided to use hazelnuts instead of walnuts. Well worth the experiment!!"
"Very good and moist, but add a little flour to firm the batter."
"Made these tonight, they are delicious! I used a full 2 cups flour as someone suggested, 1tsp orange extract instead of peel, & 1/2 cp dried cranberries instead of raisins. LOVE THEM!!!! Can't wait to share with my coworkers tomorrow!"
"After reading the reviews, I thought I would try this. I did take the advice from Carrolltown Girl which the cookies turned out perfectly. I didn't have an orange so I modified and put in mandarin abstract and it was delicious. Thank you for sharing."
"Yummy, nice soft cookies. Good way to use zucchini"
"I added about 1/3 extra cup of flour to this recipe and baked about 15 minutes. Glazed with an orange juice and confectioners sugar glaze. Very good. Maybe would add about another 1/2 cup of raisins next time because I like raisins."
"These were a hit with everyone. I doubled the recipe and it wasn't enough!"
"The dough was very runny and the cookies were flat as pancakes :-) I don't know if the measurements are off on the recipe but my husband that has been a baker for 40 years said he thinks so........."
"might make again, but with a few alterations...batter was a bit thin, and cookies came out flat...would probably add at least another 1/4 c. flour ....cookies were not terribly sweet, and could use a little more sugar, so would probably add another 1/4 c. br. sugar....i got 48 cookies (level T.)...baked on parchment paper, so there was no need to grease the pan....the flavor was good."
"I am making them now, couln't find the recipe."