Sofrito is a base frequently used in many Puerto Rican recipes to add bold flavor. Its texture and appearance is similar to a green salsa. You can also try it on chilies, enchiladas and tacos.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 medium green pepper, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 plum tomato, quartered
- Separate and peel garlic cloves. Place garlic and remaining ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week. May also be frozen in small portions in resealable freezer bags for up to 1 month.