Smoked Trout Pate
This tasty spread is easy to make in a food processor, and it’s a guaranteed winner at any party. The recipe is versatile, so feel free to substitute other favorite smoked fish.—Judy Walle, Toledo, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound flaked smoked trout
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cucumber slices
- Assorted crackers
- Pulse the first seven ingredients in a food processor until blended. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Serve with cucumber slices and assorted crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 55 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Trout Pate in Country Woman October/November 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.