Slow-Cooker Turkey Breast with Gravy
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours + standing
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), skin removed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Place vegetables in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker; top with turkey. Rub turkey with seasoning mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in turkey reads at least 170°, 5-6 hours. Remove from slow cooker; let stand, covered, 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, strain cooking juices into a small saucepan. Mix flour and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with turkey.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked turkey with 3 tablespoons gravy : 200 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 43g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat.
Jun 23, 2020
I do most of my grocery shopping online and just pick it up, but I felt like I needed to pick out this turkey breast myself. I did, and I got one just a bit smaller. I (Oops!) forgot to remove the skin prior to cooking. What can I say? I was multi-tasking and just missed that one direction. However, this was so easy to prepare. It was absolutely delicious and moist and perfect! The gravy turned out so well; we served it on top of mashed potatoes. This is, without a doubt, a recipe my family will cook again and cook often! I have been trying to build up my crock pot recipe collection, and this is a keeper!
Mar 28, 2020
I used a small turkey breast for this.It was flavorful, tender and delicious! I served the carrots and potatoes with the gravy instead of straining.
Jul 25, 2019
I made this recipe last night. I had to adjust the heat to high for a few hours because my turkey was still pretty raw after almost 4 hours, which maybe why our turkey was dry. Next time I will leave the skin on the breast and adjust the planned cooking time to 6-7 hours. The seasoning mix on the breast was delicious!
Jul 21, 2019
I prepared this turkey breast today. I used a pre-cooked breast that was only 3 lbs. and put it in the slow cooker following the instructions. I did halve the instructions for the smaller turkey. I cooked it 3 hours which was a tad too long so next time I will cut the time back to either 1 or 1 1/2 hours. We had the turkey as sandwiches tonight and the flavor was wonderful. I will try this again and I liked having the pre-cooked turkey breast. Delicious. 5 stars for the delicious flavor and ease of cooking.
Nov 25, 2017
After 4.5 hours in the slow cooker the 6.5# turkey breast was still raw. I did cook the bird on low and after 3.5 hours and no cooking progress, raised the cooker up to high for the hour . The bottom of the breast, the part sitting on top of the vegetables, was close to being done, but approximately 90% of the breast was raw. Fortunately I was able to transfer (very messy) the turkey and veggies into an oven bag and finish it in the oven. The turkey was very moist, tender and had wonderful flavor; I just can't rate this recipe any higher because of having to finish the bird in the oven. I will use the recipe ingredients & directions, minus the slow cooker, again as it had great flavor.