Slow-Cooked Chicken Marbella
This recipe is sweet, briny, savory and herbal, and it packs a big punch of garlic. The Mediterranean flavors make me think of dinner on the patio with family or friends. — Beth Jacobson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 cup pitted green olives, divided
- 1 cup pitted dried plums, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked couscous
- Place 1/2 cup olives, 1/2 cup dried plums, oregano, brown sugar, capers, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Place chicken in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Chop remaining olives and dried plums. Remove chicken from slow cooker; keep warm. Stir chicken broth, parsley, wine, lemon juice and remaining olives and plums into olive mixture. Serve with chicken and couscous.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 372 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 845mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Chicken Marbella in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.