Shortcut Coconut-Pecan Chocolate Tassies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup coconut-pecan frosting
- Optional: Pecan halves and melted semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix cake mix and oats; stir in egg and melted butter. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Press onto bottom and up sides of greased mini muffin cups.
- Bake just until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly before removing to wire racks; cool completely.
- Top each with about 1 teaspoon frosting. If desired, top with pecans or drizzle with melted chocolate.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 tassie: 94 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2018
I would have given these five stars if I didn’t have such a hard time getting them out of the pan. I sprayed the pan with cooking spray. What is the secret to getting them out in one piece? The taste was excellent, but I won’t make them again because of this issue. Any help would be appreciated.