Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to cream cheese mixture and mix well. Divide dough into fourths. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll out each portion between two sheets of waxed paper into a 12-in. circle. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Brush each circle with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle each with 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar and 2 tablespoons pecans. Cut each into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide end; place pointed side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape.
- Bake at 350° for 24-26 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush warm cookies with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 pastry: 111 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 22, 2013
They are soooo good and so easy to make. They are going into gift bags for some of my friends as gifts, ........If there are any left.......:-)
Dec 9, 2012
These are excellent. I used walnuts instead of pecans and used a pizza cutter to cut the dough into wedges. Also did not brush them with butter or sprinkle with the sugar after they baked
Nov 26, 2012
Love it my Grandma who was Hungarian made something similar
Oct 28, 2009
Can these be frozen? How long can they be frozen? Could you make them and freeze them and bake the later? And would they stay crisp if made, baked and frozen?
Oct 28, 2009
I always wanted to make rugalach... Thisrecipe was perfect. The family loved them!I will be making them again...