My family loves rhubarb, and this is such a fun way to enjoy it. It's nice to have in the freezer and bring out when guests drop by. Even people that aren't crazy about rhubarb enjoy it. —Cathie Beard, Philomath, Oregon
Recommended: 22 Best Mocktails: Fresh, Fizzy & Not-Too-Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 bottle (2 liters) lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In large saucepan combine rhubarb, water and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, covered, 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- Puree mixture in a blender; transfer to a 1-qt. freezer container. Stir in vodka and lemonade concentrate. Freeze, covered, until firm, at least 8 hours.
- To serve, transfer mixture to a pitcher; stir in soda. Or, for each serving, place 1/3 cup rhubarb mixture in an 8-oz. glass; stir in 2/3 cup soda. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Rhubarb Lemonade Slush in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p163