- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter; mix until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with rhubarb. For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch and water until smooth in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and food coloring if desired. Pour over the rhubarb. Top with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forRhubarb Crunch
"I made this with the 4 cups of rhubarb and three sliced apples. Loved it ;)"
"It's great served slightly warm with a scoop of ice cream."
"Nice flavor, a lot of sugar and final product to too soupy."
"Very delicious. When doubled it makes a full 13x9 pan. So good, we had no leftovers. Good rhubarb flavor and the topping was delicious. Served with strawberry swirl ice-cream for an additional berry flavor. Definitely a keeper!"
"This was very easy & very good. I will definitely make it again - soon!"
"Very Good! The family loved it. A little bit of sweet, tart & crunch in each serving. We're making it again tonight!"
"Great taste and really easy to make. Would definetly make again."
"Mmmm, yummy, perfect amount of sweetness and a good crunchy crust and creamy rhubarb inside, will make again."