- 4 cups cubed rye bread (about 6 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked corned beef (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with butter. Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut and 1/2 cup cheese; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In same bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salad dressing, mustard and pepper; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forReuben Bread Pudding
"This was delicious!! It was a big hit with my family. I didn't change a thing!"
"Reminded me of a reuben sandwich!! The best compliment! Even my son Eric, that dislikes sauerkraut, thought it was tasty."
"Reminded me of a reuben sandwich!! The best compliment! Even my son Eric that dislikes sauerkraut thought it was tasty."
"Reminded me of a reuben sandwich!! The best compliment!"
"This is quick and delicious!"