- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Edible silver glitter
- 1 cup whole coffee beans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting over cookies; sprinkle with glitter. Gently press coffee beans into frosting, split sides up. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forReindeer Track Cookies
"These are great, but the split sides are supposed to be up. The instructions specify this, but the pic has them upside down."