Raspberry Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 12 slices Muenster cheese, halved
- Shredded lettuce
- In a small saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside 1 cup for serving and remaining sauce for basting.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut in half widthwise; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat. brush remaining oil over both sides of bread.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting frequently with raspberry sauce. Remove and keep warm.
- Grill bread, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Turn and top each piece of bread with a slice of cheese. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until bottom of bread is toasted. Place a piece of chicken, lettuce and reserved raspberry sauce on half of bread slices; top with remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 322 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 713mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Jul 16, 2012
The sauce is great. I used it on a stuffed pork tenderloin. I was awesome.
Apr 14, 2010
I tried this recipe awhile back when I got a summer grilling issue, and I fell in love with it. Every time I make it, everyone else agrees that it's absolutely delicious. The sauce has a nice sweet tang. With the bread, I just like it a little toasted so I don't even brush it with oil, just stick it under the broiler on each side for a few moments, just to brown and crispen it up. And then I'll just top a piece with cheese to melt it a little. Tastes great with less effort there. It's delicious! Definitely one of my favorite recipes!! And so quick and easy!
Jul 27, 2008
I once bought a raspberry sauce from Sams Club and I loved it. I couldn't find it anymore. This sauce sounds just like it. If it is, it should be very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.