- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, divided
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup sugar. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until fine crumbs form. Beat 1 egg; add to mixing bowl and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Press dough evenly into bottom and up the sides of 9-in. x 1-1/2-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Spread 1/4 cup of jam over dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Meanwhile, cream together remaining sugar and butter; stir in almonds and extract. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; spoon filling over jam. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Cool in pan, then carefully remove sides from pan. Spread remaining jam on top. Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over the top. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Almond Tart
"This was my mom's "signature dessert" for many years since she found it in a recipe booklet and I have kept up the tradition. In our Scandinavian heritage it is a "Swedish Mazarine Torte" keeping with the Swedes' love of almonds. It is wonderful cut into small pieces, cutting a small circle in the center and then the pieces from edge to center around it, as it is rich, but oh so good. I usually make it serve at least 14. A family favorite!"
"I had the privilege of helping with the 2015 Taste Of Home Cooking School in Huntsville with Michelle "Red" Roberts. We made this and it was really good. So pretty."
"I've been making this recipe for about 30 years. It is always a huge favorite. I recommend whipping the almond mixture up in a food processor and folding in whipped eggs for a very fluffy mixture. Yum."