- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups raisin bran
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews forRaisin Bran Bread
"This is the BEST Raisin bread recipe I have ever found. I have changed it a bit because I live just above 5,000 feet. I make it every week. In fact I have a loaf in the machine right now. Here are my corrections for this altitude. 1-1/4 cup warm water, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons butter, softened, 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon baking soda, 2 Tablespoons dry milk, 1-1/2 cups Raisin Bran, 3-1/4 cups + 1 Tablespoon bread flour, 1 Tablespoon gluten, optional, 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast, 2/3 cup raisins. Follow the directions for your bread machine and enjoy this great taste."
"I didn't have raisin brand cereal, so I substituted it with a honey and oats cereal with almonds that I had. Over the years I have tried many different recipes.This is the best raisin bread I've made thus far. I brought some to work to share with a co-worker and she loved it!"
"The BEST raisin bread recipe I have ever made. Very moist, great flavor, and great texture - never lasts in our house!"
"This is my favorite bread machine recipe. Make it every chance I get. It is an excellent way to use the crumbs at the end of the cereal bag."