Homemade Oreo cookies are pretty great on their own, but they're even better when you add graham cracker crumbs to the cookie dough, stuff them with marshmallow creme, and then roll them in sprinkles. You can change the color of the sprinkles depending on the holiday or occasion you're baking them for. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in cocoa. In another bowl, whisk cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake until set, 6-8 minutes. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread marshmallow creme on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Roll sides in sprinkles. Serve immediately, or freeze cookies in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw cookies briefly before serving. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Rainbow S'moreo Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2017