Quick Mock Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In a large bowl, add lettuce. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and shredded cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 110 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 14, 2013
Sep 21, 2010
I have finaly found a caesar salad dressing recipe that I truly enjoyed. The lemon juice and red wine vinegar cuts the mayo taste. I topped mine with sliced almonts and salty sunflower seeds, instead of croutons and cheese. Quick, easy and delicious!
Jun 4, 2009
This is the recipe I use for just the 2 of us.(lighter on the sodium than my other recipe using anchovies, which I make when I have a lot of people.) It has just the right amount of tang and I double the recipe and keep it in the 'fridge until needed. I also use low-fat mayo. Jan. Edited to add: this recipe is in TOH 2005 Annual, Pg.270, for those who have the book.