Quick Mock Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In a large bowl, add lettuce. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and shredded cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 110 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 14, 2013
Sep 21, 2010
I have finaly found a caesar salad dressing recipe that I truly enjoyed. The lemon juice and red wine vinegar cuts the mayo taste. I topped mine with sliced almonts and salty sunflower seeds, instead of croutons and cheese. Quick, easy and delicious!
Jun 4, 2009
This is the recipe I use for just the 2 of us.(lighter on the sodium than my other recipe using anchovies, which I make when I have a lot of people.) It has just the right amount of tang and I double the recipe and keep it in the 'fridge until needed. I also use low-fat mayo. Jan. Edited to add: this recipe is in TOH 2005 Annual, Pg.270, for those who have the book.