- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce or additional soy sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients and 1/4 cup chicken broth until smooth. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add remaining broth; cook 1-2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in chicken and green onions; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry
"Pretty spicy for us. easy to make but make sure you make this for those who like spicy. The broccoli soaks up the spicy flavors the most."
"Really yummy! I used cider vinegar as a substitute for mirin, which made it a tad too acidic, so next time I'll either track down some mirin, or use watered-down vinegar. Definitely worth a try!"
"easy to make. I used regular brown rice and frozen broccoli."