For several years, we've been enjoying this velvety, healthy soup at Thanksgiving. Butternut squash isn’t the easiest thing to cut into, so I buy mine pre-chopped. —Christen Chalmers, Houston, Texas
Featured In: The 30-Minute Thanksgiving Dinner
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in squash, stock, sage, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Process in a blender until smooth. Sprinkle servings with pepper flakes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pureed Butternut Squash Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p127
Reviews forPureed Butternut Squash Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2016
"This is not good for my family. it is thin, and the taste is weird."