Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 6 cups
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Corn or Rice Chex
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips on high for 30 seconds. Stir; microwave 30 seconds longer or until the chips are melted. Stir in peanut butter. Gently stir in cereal until well coated; set aside.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a 2-gallon plastic storage bag. Add cereal mixture and shake until well coated. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 194 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2014
Kids always love their "Muddy Buddies", both making them and eating them. So much cheaper than buying a small bag in the store. And this is such a snap to put together.
Oct 8, 2012
My daycare kids all loved it. I can only eat just a little at a time because it is very sweet.
Apr 5, 2008
This recipe is a fun treat and ALWAYS goes over well. One Christmas we made up several batches, filled several baggies, attached a cute topper made from cardstock and gave them out as gifts.