Pumpkin Cranberry Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 70 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- CRANBERRY LAYER:
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream, additional ground cinnamon and shaved chocolate optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, pecans and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large saucepan, combine cranberry layer ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until berries pop and mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Gently spread 1-1/2 cups into crust; chill remaining sauce for topping.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in pumpkin, vanilla and cinnamon. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over cranberry layer. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, about 70-80 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan.
- To serve, top with reserved cranberry sauce. If desired, serve with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and shaved chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 598 calories, 34g fat (17g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 3, 2019
LOVE LOVE this recipe, made it for the first time brought a slice in to work for a couple co-workers and one has made it for a gathering they all loved it ,the only problem I had was I needed to bake it longer much longer almost an hour more .Iwill make this again and again
Jan 7, 2016
I have made this twice now, and everyone really loves it. The first time I followed the directions exactly, and it was a little bland. The second time I added 1 1/2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon called for in the recipe. Wow!! What a difference. This is definitely a holiday keeper!!