Pumpkin Cranberry Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 70 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- CRANBERRY LAYER:
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, pecans and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large saucepan, combine cranberry layer ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until berries pop and mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Gently spread into crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in pumpkin, vanilla and cinnamon. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over cranberry layer. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 70-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 547 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 7, 2016
I have made this twice now, and everyone really loves it. The first time I followed the directions exactly, and it was a little bland. The second time I added 1 1/2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon called for in the recipe. Wow!! What a difference. This is definitely a holiday keeper!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.