Pressure-Cooker Cherry & Spice Rice Pudding
I live in Traverse City, which calls itself the cherry capital of the world. What better way to celebrate our wonderful orchards than by using plump, tart dried cherries in my favorite desserts? This pressure-cooked rice pudding recipe always turns out wonderful. —Deb Perry, Traverse City, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Generously grease a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add rice, milks, sugar and water; stir to combine. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Stir lightly. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen tips