I like to serve this hearty fritatta with toasted rustic bread. If you have leftover mashed potatoes, throw them in instead of the pre-packaged ones. —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
Featured In: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes with onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until nearly set.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato-Cheddar Frittata in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014