Serving this entree salad gives me hope that warmer days aren't too far off. If strawberries aren't in season yet, use thawed frozen in place of fresh. —Laurie Lufkin, Essex, Massachusetts
Recommended: 55+ Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Place pork in a shallow dish. Add salad dressing; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours. Combine strawberries, vinegar and sugar; cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain and wipe off pork, discarding marinade. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; brown on all sides.
- Bake until a thermometer reads 145°, 15-20 minutes. Remove from skillet; let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add broth to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add strawberry mixture. Heat through.
- Place greens on a serving platter; sprinkle with cheese. Slice pork; arrange over greens. Top with strawberry mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork and Balsamic Strawberry Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2017