Balsamic Pork Scallopine
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 pounds pork sirloin cutlets
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dredge pork cutlets in flour. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork and brown in batches. Set aside.
- Add onion and red peppers to the pan; saute until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, basil, vinegar and pepper. Return pork to the pan, layering if necessary.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; stir in the cream, cheese, butter, pepper and garlic powder. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 503 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Dec 21, 2017
Very good and easy to make! I followed almost exactly but heeded the advice of others and only used 1/4 cup of balsamic. One guest went back for seconds just for the noodles!!
Mar 5, 2017
Made this Thursday night and it was a big hit; we all enjoyed it. The pork was extremely tender, the sauce tasty and the leftovers heated up nicely the next night in the sauce. Although the noodles were tasty, I wouldn't pair it with this pork but will keep and use that recipe with something else. I'm making this again tomorrow night for company and plan on making plain noodles to accompany this; rice or mashed potatoes would also go well with this pork. The pork was so tender it tasted like veal!
May 9, 2016
De loved the meat, but didn't care for the noodle mixture.
May 27, 2015
Yum! My family loved this! Easy, different, and delicious! I added a bit of cornstarch to thicken the sauce, but followed everything else to a tee. I will definitely make this again.
Apr 16, 2015
wonderful flavor! definitely a keeper!
Aug 1, 2014
Extremely delicious dish! Difficulty level is minimal, and my kids really liked it.
Apr 22, 2014
This recipe was so delicious! I am not much of a meat eater. However, this was tender and juicy and did not taste like pork. We also prefer our meat extremely tender so simmered this on low heat for 7 hours or so. The noodles were also terrific. There were tasty enough to be served as a dish standing alone, or perhaps be topped with other dishes like goulash or spaghetti. The only deviation from the recipe as written was the use of a low fat pork roast which I sliced myself. This goes in the family favorite recipe archives!!
Mar 28, 2014
Absolutely amazing! All I did was cut the recipe in half. This was one of the best meals I have had in a while.
Jan 12, 2014
This Is truly amazing!! However, we don't care for the noodles. The second time we made this, we just made regular parsley buttered noodles.
Oct 24, 2013
I have made this dish several times now and it is always a success, I've used Pappardelle Noodles instead of egg noodles, otherwise changed nothing, great recipe!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.