Polynesian Sausage Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, brown sugar, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir pineapple into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; gradually add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 332 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 27, 2017
Have used chicken breast too. Very good.
Mar 29, 2016
We got uncooked sausage with castings instead of smoked sausage. I was confused and it definitely should have had cooked sausage. I think it needed a little salt. It was tasty. Tidbits would have been better for this.
Mar 12, 2016
Saw this in the original 2001 magazine, have been making it ever since! I also add a chopped red pepper for extra nutrition and color.
May 23, 2014
This was very good. I really enjoyed it. I did not change anything when making this recipe. Quick and easy to make.
Mar 17, 2014
Love this dish. We have it quite often. I use the pineapple tidbits because the chunks seemed too much. My daughter uses the crushed pineapple because her family likes the sweetness all the way throughout the dish. Whichever way, I have given this recipe to many people that really like it.
Jun 24, 2012
Jun 16, 2012
My family loves this! Quick and easy - and tastes wonderful.
Mar 11, 2012
THe best food for the family .
Jul 16, 2011
I used smoked turkey sausage. Other than that I did not change a thing and it was great!
Jun 21, 2011
I didn't have any smoked sausage so I tried it with brats. I think that next time I should stick with the recipe. I also used crushed pineapple instead of cubed. I thought that part worked just fine.