Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes; add snap peas and water chestnuts. Simmer 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth; gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 107 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Mar 31, 2010
I loved this dish. How nice to find a different combo of veggies. My only complaint is the sauce was great and just sweet enough but runny, so I thickened it and it lost its flavor. That was my fault and i'll make adjustments next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.