Polynesian Roast Beef
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 beef top round roast (3-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons browning sauce, optional
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- Cut roast in half; brush with browning sauce if desired. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; rub over meat. Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with roast.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; whisk in the broth, soy sauce, garlic and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add pineapple and green pepper. Cook 1 hour longer or until meat is tender.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 2, 2012
'Cause i'm allergic i substitute the pineapples for mandarin oranges it was amazing i make it every chance i get
Aug 10, 2010
We liked this recipe at our home. We did omit the green peppers and I used chunked pineapple and like that a bit more so everyone could have the pineapple. It looked just as good on the serving plate as well.
Apr 10, 2010
We like the taste of the beef. I forgot the peppers but it was good anyway. Nice to a recipe on hand to mix this up a bit.
Apr 5, 2010
I think I sliced the onions a little too thin because they just sort of dissolved into the juices and I omitted the peppers because none of us like them...but this was delicious!
Dec 5, 2009
Well I'm not one to modify recipes but I did this with a pork tenderloin instead of beef and it's was awesome. Will try it with beef in the future.Thank YOU!!!
Dec 12, 2008
debcal1946, the cooking time should stay the same. If you're concerned about the turkey getting fully cooked, add up to 2 hours on low or 1 hour on high.
Dec 12, 2008
This sounds like a great recipe for a turkey roast as well. Any idea on how that would change the cooking time?