Sausage-Tomato Coconut Curry
Made in one pan, this easy and tasty recipe can be altered to fit vegetarian diets. —Jessie Apfe, Berkeley, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked roasted garlic chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender and sausage is browned, 3-5 minutes. Add curry paste and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until sauce starts to thicken, 7-10 minutes. Add spinach, salt and pepper; cook and stir until spinach begins to wilt. Serve with rice.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups curry with 3/4 cup rice: 560 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1139mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Tomato-Spinach Curry in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.