- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cartons (14.3 ounces each) fat-free vegetarian chili
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and well drained
- In a large saucepan, combine cornmeal and salt. Gradually whisk in boiling water. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat chili according to package directions.
- Spread vegetables over polenta; top with chili. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPolenta Chili Casserole
"Add a dollop of sour cream on top to make it extra yummy!!! A WONDERFUL meal!!!"
"Very tasty meatless meal. Its important to bake the polenta until its light brown on top, or else it really is too soggy."