Chicken Sausages with Polenta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add polenta; cook 9-11 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from pan.
- Add sausages to same pan; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until browned. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through. Serve with polenta; sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup sausage mixture with 2 slices polenta: 212 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 15, 2018
This was great! Season polenta and veggies with a little salt and pepper. I also added minced garlic to the veggies. Yummy and filling meal.
Jan 11, 2018
We loved this! I halved the recipe for the two of us and eliminated the green peppers. It’s something I’ll make again and again.
Nov 3, 2016
This was delicious, though I only made the chicken sausage mixture, not the polenta. I didn't have any on hand so I ended up making baked garlic sweet potatoes as a side dish. I used a tablespoon of oil rather than a teaspoon, however--it just didn't look like enough to saut? all those peppers and onions. Loved it though, and will definitely try with polenta in the future.
Jan 14, 2014
My family loved this recipe!