Polenta Rounds with Sausage Ragout
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and pepper. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in basil.
- In another skillet, cook polenta slices in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup sauce with 3 polenta slices: 506 calories, 33g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 2062mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
May 9, 2012
I used mild Italian turkey sausage and added zuchini for some extra vegetables. I have also served it over couscous instead of polenta. Delicious either way!
Jan 10, 2012
Served the easy/yummy sauce over creamy polenta instead since I couldn't find a tube of it... Basically the same taste, just in a different presentation... I loved this meal!
Oct 9, 2011
This was delicious! Used sundried tomato & garlic polenta and added a can of basil tomato sauce to the sauce.
Jun 28, 2011
had a hard time finding polenta, found it in the produce section in 3 flavors-garlic/basil, original, and sundried tomato- went for the garlic basil, so simple!
Jun 28, 2011
very flavorful! this came together very quickly. I added a can of tomato sauce and it was delicious!! very good over pasta also!!
Jun 19, 2011
Very simple and quick. Definite keeper.
Jun 18, 2011
Easy, different and delicious. Had to make the polenta but it was easy also. Hardly any mess.
Jun 17, 2011
I loved this recipe! I used hot Italian turkey sausage. A keeper! So easy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.