Mushroom Pork Ragout
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried savory
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Rub pork with salt and pepper; cut in half. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the cornstarch, 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and savory. Top with mushrooms, onion and pork. Pour remaining tomatoes over pork. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and cut into slices. Stir cooking juices until smooth; serve with pork and noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 360 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2015
This was very easy to make and the pork was tender.
Apr 18, 2013
Yum times two. 1. its a crockpot recipe so yay on doing almost nothing to make dinner. 2. tastes like heaven. I'll be doubling the sauce next time because I served it just with bread and do not believe it would have had enough juice for pasta. I also think some more mushrooms/veggies are in order. Maybe carrots!