- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 medium plums, pitted and halved
- Whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, milk and butter. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to the egg mixture and beat just until combined. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Place plus cut side up over batter. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPlum Kuchen
"I have not made yet but will and then I will review properly. But the narrative above sounds just like my mom. She never followed a recipe and this one sounds just like hers. I can't wait to make."
"Oooooooooooooooo!Sounds yummy~sounds like a wonderful Christmas Recipe!I'll definitely try it~thanks!Beckie"
"Tried this recipe last night and all I can say is fabulous. easy and all to yummy. Thanks for posting this recipe."