Raspberry Custard Kuchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream; pat onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar and remaining flour; sprinkle over crust.
- Arrange raspberries over crust. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over berries.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 328 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
May 27, 2018
This is great. It isn't that much work for how fantastic it tastes. I used half blackberries last time to reduce the cost and it was still amazing. I think any berry or mangoes or peaches would all be good although raspberries are the best. I used a glass 9x13 pan and only needed to cook 37 minutes.
Feb 19, 2018
My garden produces an abundant crop of raspberries. So I went looking for recipes that used a fair amount and found this one. I now get requests to bring this. It is a huge success every time. Easy to make with in the cupboard ingredients.
Oct 3, 2016
I made this tonight! I have fall bearing raspberries and they are so abundant this year and I wanted to try this recipe as soon as I picked as many as what the recipe called for. This is delicious! I will be making it again and again!
Jul 25, 2016
My German Canadian Grandfather came to northern Illinois, 1900, with this recipe using canned or fresh sour red cherries. He used a plain lard based pie crust. A lifetime favorite!!!
Jun 4, 2016
Very tasty. I made one half recipe as I wanted to try it. I didn't have enough of the crust to cover the pan I used,, so it was a little too thin. It was still delicious. Next time I will make the complete recipe. Also, I did not have raspberries, so I used blueberries ... delicious! Thank you for the recipe.
May 15, 2016
I have made this a couple of times now and I wouldn't change a thing! Delicious!
Jul 12, 2015
Crust was a little too buttery
Jul 7, 2015
Could rhubarb be used instead of raspberries?
May 23, 2015
I made this tonight. It's pretty easy and it tastes pretty awesome! I'm going to definitely make this again... then promply eat it all to myself.
May 9, 2015
Everyone at my house loved it! Nice buttery crust holding a creamy custard full of yummy fresh raspberries - how could it not be a winner. This is a fairly elegant dessert that was simple to make. This recipe is a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.