Sour Cream Peach Kuchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained or 13 small peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange peaches over crust. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over peaches. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine egg yolks and sour cream. Spread evenly over peaches. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until set. Serve warm or cold. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 507 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 11, 2012
Delicious! Just the right amount sugar. My husband does not like anything too sweet. He and I both really like this recipe, will add this recipe to our favorites.
Dec 24, 2011
I am not a big cobbker fan, but my son's love peach cobbler. This recipe has been a favorite for years. It's not a cobbler but close enough. I love topping it with french vanilla ice cream or french vanilla cool whip..
Aug 16, 2011
I use this recipe all the time and love it. Plus my kids can help make it. I use 2 whole eggs in the topping so I dont have leftover egg whites and it turns out just fine.
Aug 13, 2011
I found that adding 1 cup of Blueberres with the peaches really enhances the flavor, but it is terrific with just peaches!
Jan 30, 2011
This was okay, but I will not make it again. We each had a piece, and the rest was thrown out.
Jul 21, 2010
I made this for my dad's birthday celebration - he loves kuchen; and I have to say it is outstanding. I don't even like it and I thought this was fabulous! I did lighten it up some...but not much, instead of four egg yolks I used two egg yolks and 1/2 cup of egg beaters. Next time around I think I could even cut back some of the sugar since most recipes you seem to be able to cut out 1/4-1/2 without noticing. The crust I don't think I'd change a thing, it was wonderful!
Oct 14, 2009
Delicious recipe. I made two changes with using fresh peaches and doubling the topping. Everyone raved about it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.