Cinnamon-Sugar Peach Kuchen
My comforting cinnamon peach kuchen showcases fresh summer fruit. You can use other stone fruits, too, such as plums or nectarines. This is one of those homey desserts that begs for a scoop of ice cream on top! —Mary Bilyeu, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 to 5 medium peaches, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Fold in ginger.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange peaches over batter. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen tips