Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 medium plums, pitted and halved
- Whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk and butter. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to the egg mixture and beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Place plums cut side up over batter. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 278 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 22, 2014
I have not made yet but will and then I will review properly. But the narrative above sounds just like my mom. She never followed a recipe and this one sounds just like hers. I can't wait to make.
Sep 22, 2009
Oooooooooooooooo!Sounds yummy~sounds like a wonderful Christmas Recipe!I'll definitely try it~thanks!Beckie
Sep 22, 2009
Tried this recipe last night and all I can say is fabulous. Easy and all to yummy. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.