Fresh Plum Kuchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups sliced fresh plums (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add lemon zest. Pour into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Arrange plums on top; gently press into batter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan; remove sides. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 185 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 20, 2017
This is a wonderful cake, I made last night for dinner at a friends house.I used 1 1/2 cups almond flour and much more plums than it calls for.It was such a hit, thank you very much.
Feb 3, 2017
Aug 20, 2016
Someone brought in tons of plumbs to work so I took some home not knowing what I'd do with them. Luckily that same date TOH posts this lovely recipe. Super easy and quick, and OMG so good. perfectly tart and sweet. The lemon peel really gives it a kick, don't skip. You could totally do this with any other fruit I think. It feels like a good holiday dessert so I plan to make again and again.
Sep 9, 2013
I had an abundance of plums and peaches to use so I tried 4 different kuchen recipes that I found online. This one was by FAR the best! I served it to company and I was a star! I used both plums and peaches and it looked pretty :). I want to make another one and freeze it.
Oct 18, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.