Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 medium black plums, halved and pitted
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Melted butter and cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and egg just until blended. Divide into six portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat each portion of dough into a 5-in. circle. Place a plum half on each circle. Gently bring up corners of dough to center; pinch edges to seal.
- In a Dutch oven, bring water and butter to a boil. Carefully add dumplings. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean. Serve warm with pan juices, melted butter and cinnamon-sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 235 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 18, 2011
The pastry is easy to work with and the dumplings are very good. The problem is that it says to simmer in water and butter if you use a dutch oven these will stick and burn to the bottom and you can not crowd these. I will make again, but I will use a pot with more water and use a slotted spoon to put them in the boiling water in batches.