Cherry Dew Dumplings
I’ve never seen a recipe like this one, where filled crescent dough and Mountain Dew are baked together. It’s such a treat. I have to confess, sometimes we eat it for breakfast. —Heidi Swope, Toledo, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Code Red Mountain Dew
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough and separate into 16 triangles. Place 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each triangle; top with 1 teaspoon pie filling. Fold points of short side over filling; wrap remaining point around dumpling. Pinch seams to seal.
- Transfer dumplings to a 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix sugar and butter; pour over dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew around dumplings. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 dumpling: 261 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 19, 2017
These are sooooo good!! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you'll be in heaven! This recipe is super easy, my 8yo made them with very little help from me. I was worried about them being too sweet but they are just right! Great dessert!!!