- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square) around a greased 9-in. springform pan. Mix cracker crumbs and granulated sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugars and maple syrup until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until blended. Whisk in pumpkin, cornstarch, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice; pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 70-80 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For topping, combine whipping cream and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Continue boiling, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 15-20 minutes. Stir in toasted pecans. Refrigerate until cold.
- Remove rim from pan. Stir topping; spoon over chilled cheesecake. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forPecan Pumpkin Cheesecake
"This cheesecake recipe was delicious. The only "live and learn" comment is that I put the topping on the cheesecake before transporting it in the car. Despite the topping being chilled, the topping spilled off the cheesecake and off the sides of the cake carrier (making a tasty mess in the car!). Next time I will transport the cheesecake without the topping and put the topping on once I reach my destination."
"Great cheesecake recipe! Everyone loved it. The cheesecake by itself is wonderful, but the sauce really makes it stand out. The sauce would also be great as a topping for ice cream or even bread pudding."
"Excellent! Pretty easy to make also!"
"WOW this is incredible"
"I prepared this delicious recipe to serve a group and got nothing but compliments. Everyone raved about it. I took the little bit remaining home and hubby now wants another one. The only thing I did differently was to put parchment paper down inside the springform pan. The cheesecake easily came out without even opening the sides of the pan. I made the topping the night before and refrigerated it until the next day. I absolutely highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor. In response to another review, mashed sweet potatoes might be a good substitute."
"I want to prepare this for my BD party end of this week, but I do not have canned pumpkin available any suggestions ????"
"My son said this is new favorite cheesecake! Delicious!"
"Very good. Made just like recipe. Next time will cook 60 min in my oven and probably only 1 T cornstarch. I used butternut squash I cooked, as this always makes the best pies.I am editing my review of only 4 stars. Made this on wed night. Ate on Thurs night and gave 4 stars. By fri and Sat night especially cake was the best. 2 times better than letting set overnight. Changing rating to 5 stars. It's hard to get 5 stars from me!!"