- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, beat cake mix, peanut butter and brown sugar on low speed until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup. Add water, eggs and oil to remaining crumb mixture; blend on low until moistened. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup each chocolate and peanut butter chips. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine peanuts, reserved crumb mixture and the remaining chips; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forPeanut Crunch Cake
"Delicious and easy. Doesn't taste like a mix. My adult children ask for it for their birthdays every year."
"Excellent cake. My family enjoyed this immensely."
"chocolate and peanut butter: great combination. I love that it makes its own topping without frosting"
"Everyone likes the recipe. It's a nice change from traditional cake and frosting."
"If you love peanut butter you are sure to love this recipe. I have been using it for years and no one seems to get tired of it."