My secret to these rich, no-bake bites? Pretzels in the crust. They add a salty crunch to the classic peanut butter-chocolate pairing. These irresistible treats were the first to sell out at our PTA bake sale last year! —Jennifer Beckman, Falls Church, Virginia
Recommended: 57 Bake Sale Recipes That’ll Earn Big Bucks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides. Set aside 1-1/2 cups pretzels for topping. Pulse remaining pretzels in a food processor until fine crumbs form. In a large bowl, mix butter, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and pretzel crumbs.
- Press into prepared pan. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Break reserved pretzels and sprinkle over top; press down gently. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 1 hour. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Pretzel Squares in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2017