- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 lollipop sticks
- Place popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Quickly pour over popcorn mixture and mix well.
- When cool enough to handle, quickly shape into ten 2-1/2-in. balls; insert a lollipop stick into each ball. Let stand at room temperature until firm; wrap in plastic wrap. Yield: 10 popcorn balls.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Popcorn Balls
"Wonderful recipe!! easy & delicious!! Made a great after school snack for my boys!!:) I will add this.... I only had 1/4 cup of corn syrup, so added molasses to make up for the other 1/4, & instead of peanuts, I added crushed pecans (that's all I had), but everything still turned out great! Thank you for sharing this recipe!!:)"
"easy to make and very good! I used creamy peanut butter. 5 stars and will make again! :)"
"Really good!!! We didn't have peanuts and used microwave popcorn"
"These are DELICIOUS! The first time I made them, I did not have peanuts or crunchy peanut butter. So, I left out the peanuts and used 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter. I worked beautifully...so good. The second time I made them per recipe and that was good too. Depends on if you like the crunchy peanut taste. These would be fantastic for a Halloween party."