- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup in a 2-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1-1/2 cups. In a large saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch; stir in syrup mixture until smooth. Add peaches. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Top with half of the peach mixture; repeat layers. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPeaches and Cream Torte
"This is an excellent recipe and sooooo easy! As a matter of practice, I cut all sugars in half and it was plenty sweet. Also, I don't buy canned fruit so I used fresh peaches. They were very far from being ripe so I microwaved about 29 oz. of peeled slices for 3 min. That softened them right up. I used the juice that was produced for the 1.5 c syrup-water. Lots of compliments, lots of requests for me to make again."
"love love love love it!"
"I haven't tried this recipe but it sounds great Has anyone made this using fresh peaches?"
"This recipe is very good. Perfect blend of fruit and cream cheese. My daughter helped me make it and we had fun. It is very sweet, though. If you want to cut down on sugar in your diet do not make this, or substitute with splenda."
"I made this last night. Today we tried it and it is a lovely creamy cool desert. .....just make sure it stays really cold to ensure it hold its form......I love this"
"My sister requested this dessert one day, and it was AMAZING!! Would most definitely make this again :)"
"Made this for an Easter dessert yesterday. It was good, but didn't hold it's shape well. I took it out of the refrigerator right before serving, but by the time I was cutting the 5th or 6th slice, the servings were less "torte-like" and more like a heaps of pudding. Might try freezing it next time. I also might try using other varieties of fruits, or even fruit cocktail."